Last night saw 40 local Mums get together for a travel-inspired evening with the lovely team at Thames Travel.
We met for the free event at The Bishop pub in Kingston on a beautifully sunny Spring evening.
The views from the private room at the pub over the River Thames were stunning and over a glass of Prosecco we all caught up or met new people.
The evening was sponsored by Thames Travel an independent travel agent in East Twickenham who specialises in family travel. They certainly know their stuff and chatted to us all about family travel sharing their top tips, where they recommend in specific school holidays and some example trips.
I thought I’d share Thames Travels top tips for family travel as I’ll definitely be saving these:
Top family travel tips
- You’re only as happy as your unhappiest child
- Create lasting memories – so find a shell as an example and save that for them to look back on
- Get the kids interested in where they’re going it’ll help with the flight
- Throw in some surprises for them
- Book early flights are released 11 months in advance
- Night flights for long haul
- Have adequate travel insurance
We were treated to amazing food, with vegetarian wellingtons, mini burgers and fish fingers – we were spoilt!
After the fantastic talk with lots of information from Claire and her team, we all spent time chatting and getting to know each other.
After some great food, drinks and some holiday inspiration it was time to draw the giveaway winners… There were three winners who went home with gift vouchers or a stay in two Caribbean hotels.
Thanks to the team at Thames Travel for a wonderful evening. A special thank you also to Emily Clark photography for the lovely photographs of the evening and Party Lol Surbiton for the amazing balloons.