#mummyfriendpictures Parenting

#mummyfriendpictures the community getting Mum’s in the frame

April 26, 2017

A couple of months ago, when I first started blogging I really struggled with my ‘about us’ page. My blog, vlog and social media is all about me and my girls but ridiculously I didn’t have any photos of us to go with the page! I had selfies, which were OK but there is something much nicer about an impromptu photo. Since then I have been on a mission a) to get more photos of me and the girls and b) to take photos of my friends with their little ones.

Getting Mum’s to be in the picture is nothing new, there have been many posts on social media from Mum’s campaigning to get Dad’s to take more photos. But if like me your other half works 5 days a week it doesn’t often leave much time for them to capture these moments, which is where the idea of friends came in.
IMG_3290
I started trying to capture my own pictures on the #mummyfriendpictures hashtag and have managed a few but I know I need to take and be in more.
I’m not alone, @mama.and.mama have had similar thoughts when out with their friends and have been snapping away, so @surrey_mama and @mama.and.mama are on a mission to build the online community #mummyfriendpictures – a way to get us Mummy’s in the frame with the help of other Mummy’s.
Let’s make sure there isn’t one person missing from our family albums, US. Our children and friends children will thank us for it.

So, when you’re next out with your friends at a baby class or just walking in the park with the children, pick up your camera and take a picture of them. They’ll value it for years to come and we’ll have so many more real life and unposed pictures of us and our children.
Join the community on Instagram and Twitter here #mummyfriendpictures
We’ll be featuring our favourites every month – we can’t wait to see your pictures ?
IMG_4388IMG_3806img_1475-1
Tammymum
Lucy At Home
3 Little Buttons

• Reply The Queen of Collage April 29, 2017 at 9:49 am

What a lovely way to strengthen our relationship with others and practice photography. #FamilyFun

• Reply twotinyhands April 29, 2017 at 4:37 pm

Great idea, I’ve not many mummy friends and don’t think I would submit a picture of their kids online though because people are funny about sharing. I do agree that more me shots need to happen. When I’ve taken shots of my friends I normally email them to them so they have them though so maybe I just need to tell them About this hashtag when I next see them and get us sharing!! ‪Thank you for linking up to the #familyfunlinky‬

• Reply sarahsurreymama April 29, 2017 at 4:41 pm

I totally agree – I wouldn’t share other people’s pictures either but the idea was more about encouraging people to take spontaneous pics / ask their friends to take pics of them and then share them so they could have them if that makes sense. Thanks for sharing x

• Reply twotinyhands April 29, 2017 at 6:42 pm

I get your point!! I’ll try this out next week ?

• Reply Mrs Mummy Harris May 1, 2017 at 7:18 pm

This is such a good idea, I know I’m barely in any photos with Ben and I’m really trying to get more involved as im gonna hate myself for it later! #familyfun

• Reply sarahsurreymama May 1, 2017 at 7:27 pm

Thank you! Would love you to join us – get your friends on the case ☺

• Reply Instagram, my week in pictures 29/04 May 1, 2017 at 8:11 pm

[…] as I think it is so important to capture shots of us and our little ones. For more on this click here – we would love you to join […]

• Reply mealsandmakes May 2, 2017 at 8:51 pm

Such lovely photos and a brilliant idea to get friends involved. I don’t have very many day-to-day photos of me and my girls, which is a shame.

• Reply sarahsurreymama May 21, 2017 at 7:36 pm

Thanks so much! I hope you manage to capture more through your friends good luck x

• Reply RawMum May 3, 2017 at 3:55 pm

• Reply RawMum May 3, 2017 at 3:55 pm

Beautiful idea. I have so few nice pictures of me. It would be good to have more to choose from. #dreamteam #photos

• Reply wendyr1505 May 4, 2017 at 9:02 pm

This is such a lovely idea! I really want to be in more non selfie photos with my boys. Next time I am see friends I will definitely be doing this..great idea!xx #BlogCrush

• Reply Annette, 3 Little Buttons May 7, 2017 at 7:39 pm

What a lovely hashtag! I completely agree that we need to be in more photos. I always make a point now of snapping the hubby with my little one where ever possible. Thank you for sharing with the #DreamTeam x