Where we’d love to travel this year…

March 7, 2018

Where would we most like to travel to this year?

This is probably the most difficult question to ask someone who loves to travel! The very short answer would be the World!

However, we now have two small children so the World will have to wait, but that doesn’t mean that we can’t still have the adventures we used to have, the criteria has just changed slightly. We still want the destination, the food, the drink, the beach, the option to explore – but now we also need somewhere that caters for our two little people.

It’s around this time of year I am craving a summer sun holiday. The winter has been long, we all need a break and Amelie, who can’t remember what she did yesterday starts talking about her holiday from last year!

Where would we most like to travel to this year?

Let’s start with what we need; for our perfect family adventure, we need a beautiful beach, lots of options for good food, a children’s club/creche, sports, watersports, a resort with beautiful surroundings and somewhere close by for us to explore.

I think I’ve found a winner… the Mark Warner Phokaia Beach Resort in Turkey. I’ve talked previously about wanting to try a Mark Warner holiday as they look like the perfect option for active families and this looks like it fits the bill for us.

Why is Phokaia Beach Resort our ideal holiday?

A beautiful beach

We spend a lot of time on the beach. Amelie and Evie love building sand castles, watching the sea, paddling and running in the sand. Phokaia Beach Resort sits within beautiful mature gardens on a dazzling, sandy bay – perfect for families. We can’t wait to let them explore.

Good food

dinner at tomata sani beach resort

A holiday wouldn’t be a holiday for us without good food. We love to experience new dishes, new tastes and we try to get the girls to try local cuisines as well, although sometimes they do opt for chicken and chips! Phokaia Beach Resort offers flexible dining with five nights in-resort dining and two nights where you can sample local cuisine in local Foça or have a beach BBQ.

This suits families who love to get out of the resort and try new things, but don’t want to do it every night! We all know the logistics of moving small children close to bedtime!

Children’s club/creche

coffee at sani beach resort

Our holidays are also for us. As busy parents of young children, we need time to recharge and have a break. Phokaia Beach Resort offers the outstanding Mark Warner childcare that you would find at their other resorts. You’ll find us either trying out some of the sports on offer, reading a book at the pool or having a coffee by one of the bays overlooking the bay.

Sports and watersports

Scooters Scooters at Bikes for hire at Sani beach resort

We like to try and be active on holiday, as we often don’t find the time to do everything we want to at home. Phokaia Beach Resort has an activities team that offer tennis, cycling, fitness programmes and watersports. Whilst the girls spend a morning at kids club we can try our hand at one of these!

We think we have found the perfect family holiday with Mark Warner at Phokaia Beach Resort and we would love to travel with them this year as one of their brand ambassadors.

What are the ingredients for a perfect family holiday for you?

*This is part of my entry into the Mark Warner brand ambassador 2018 competition. All thoughts and images are my own*

• Reply Starlight and Stories March 8, 2018 at 9:14 am

I think you’re right that somewhere the children are happy is always a good think. Beautiful food and being able to try new things is also really important x

• Reply Michelle | The Willow Tree March 8, 2018 at 9:55 am

A great inspiring read of places to visit! I must check out these resorts as I am always on the hunt for new places to visit and can ponder over several places for ages to find the right one that suits me and my family! #ThursdayTeam

• Reply Sarah March 8, 2018 at 1:48 pm

Me too! I love looking at new places, I could spend days doing it! Thanks for reading x

• Reply Naomi Hassan March 8, 2018 at 10:01 am

Such a great post. Good luck with the comp #ThursdayTeam

• Reply Sarah March 8, 2018 at 1:48 pm

• Reply Cath - BattleMum March 8, 2018 at 10:56 am

It sounds like you’ve found a great place for a family holiday with Mark Warner. It certainly sounds like it’s got everything you’d need. Best of luck with your entry x

• Reply Sarah March 8, 2018 at 1:48 pm

I think so, you definitely need more with little ones! Thanks for reading x

• Reply Cardiff Mummy Says - Cathryn March 8, 2018 at 1:28 pm

Good luck with the entry! You’re making me want to hop on a plane and go somewhere hot and sunny! Phokaia beach resort sounds wonderful x

• Reply Sarah March 8, 2018 at 1:47 pm

Thank you! I’d love to jump on a plane today it’s freezing! Thanks for reading x

• Reply Maria | passion fruit, paws and peonies March 8, 2018 at 3:53 pm

It’s so lovely seeing your sunny photos. I would love to tour villages through France for my 50th next year with my kids and their partners. This year we are spending money on my daughters wedding so it’ll be a few weekends away – we fancy Alsace and Amsterdam. Hope you get your holiday sorted soon x

• Reply Sarah March 8, 2018 at 11:14 pm

That’s sounds wonderful and congratulations your daughter, I hope you all have a wonderful day! Thank You x

• Reply Sara @ Magical Mama Blog March 8, 2018 at 3:57 pm

This sounds absolutely amazing! You really have it together traveling with two little ones! I give you major props for not only pulling it off, but enjoying it!

• Reply Sarah March 8, 2018 at 11:13 pm

I think you just have to prepare and do it or you’d never go! That’s what I do anyway 😂 thanks for reading x

• Reply Helen at Welsh Mum Writing March 8, 2018 at 5:18 pm

That sounds ideal! We are holidaying in the UK again this year and have yet to venture overseas with our two year old (the hop to Ireland isn’t quite the same). We might have to look into braving it next year. The resort looks lovely. #ThursdayTeam

• Reply Sarah March 8, 2018 at 11:12 pm

We were really nervous but really loved it! The first flight with Amelie wasn’t brilliant but I know have lots of ways to keep her still! Thanks for reading.

• Reply Misadventures with Megan March 8, 2018 at 6:28 pm

Our kids love the beach too, we always try to travel somewhere with a least a lake or somewhere to play in the water. Photos look lovely!

• Reply Sarah March 8, 2018 at 11:11 pm

Yes we do as well, they love the water when it’s hot! So do I! Thanks for reading x

• Reply Morgan Prince March 8, 2018 at 8:18 pm

Oh wow it sounds amazing. I love Walt Disney World – that is our perfect family holiday, and we’re heading there this summer! The Florida sun, all the Disney we can handle, and all the food too! Now that’s a winner! 🙂

• Reply Sarah March 8, 2018 at 11:11 pm

Oh wow! Have the best time, we need to save our pennies for that in a few years time x

• Reply Amy - All about a Mummy March 8, 2018 at 8:42 pm

I can imagine myself there! Good luck with the comp x

• Reply Sarah March 8, 2018 at 11:10 pm

Thank you! Their new resort looks amazing x

• Reply Kat | Kitty & B March 9, 2018 at 10:00 am

Lovely photos. I am definitely in ‘where to next?’ mode at the moment, so will take all the sun-filled inspiration I can get!Will check out Mark Warner hols, thanks for the tip!

Kat x

• Reply Sarah March 9, 2018 at 5:12 pm

Thank you! Definitely check them out, their holidays look fantastic for families. I am so ready for some sun after a very long winter! X

• Reply Kristie Prada March 9, 2018 at 10:20 am

This looks amazing! I’m sure Mark Warner would be the perfect fit for you and the girls! xx #ThursdayTeam

• Reply Sarah March 9, 2018 at 5:12 pm

We think so! Thanks for reading lovely x

• Reply Kate March 9, 2018 at 11:03 pm

Travel is so good for us, broadens the mind and all that. Turkey is definitely on my list at some point. #ThursdayTeam

• Reply Katie March 12, 2018 at 6:00 pm

Best of luck with the competition! Food is the biggest draw for me with choosing a holiday. It’s always the first thing I research.

Katie xoxo

• Reply Helena March 12, 2018 at 6:25 pm

Good luck with your entry. I would also love to see the world. Canada is my favourite place I think. #ThursdayTeam

• Reply sarah nichols March 14, 2018 at 12:19 pm

your photos are stunning hun… I would love to travel a lot more in 2018 too.