I can’t believe Summer is over, where on earth did those weeks I thought were going to last forever go?
We still have another week of holiday before Amelie goes back to pre-school so a little longer to get organised, but I am determined to be organised when the day comes… because last year I most definitely wasn’t!
Here are my ‘back to pre-school resolutions’ based on all the things that went wrong, stressed me out or I forgot last year!
1. Write down terms dates, in a diary so I am not the Mum who always has to ask everyone 15 times when pre-school ends or goes back
2. Don’t be late. We got into a teeny, tiny bad habit of being late last year. I’m not talking 15 minutes late but late enough that we’re the last people getting into the classroom and it meant rushed goodbyes.
3. Have lunch organised before she arrives home. Nap times were so late on pre-school days that it threw bedtime all the time. This year I WILL prep lunch so it’s ready when she comes in.
4. Pack bags the night before. I am so guilty of not doing this but when I do life is so much easier. This year I am going to make much more of an effort to do this.
5. Remember important dates. Things like no uniform days and when they need to bring extra things in to save last minute panics!
6. Ask more questions about how she’s progressing. She’s a summer born and will be going to school next year so I’m keen to make sure she has the best start.
7. Try and start our ‘back to school’ routine a few days before we start back so the first day isn’t such a change. This will be really important with a younger sibling.
8. Organise some activities for the baby and I now that we have some one on one time and can do more age specific activities.
9. Enjoy the afternoons and holidays as soon she’ll be off school.
Do you have any back to school or back to pre-school resolutions?